Housekeeping and Restaurant Stewards
Our Stewards are considered our waiters/waitresses and housekeepers while on the vessel. Working onboard is fun, but it is also hard work. The pace is quick, the hours are long, and it can a challenge being away from home. But every day, when you wake up, and walk out on deck, you're reminded just how far away you are from the mundane life of a land lover. If you are looking for a unique job experience and are comfortable with close living quarters and long days, then this is the job for you.
Responsibilities include dining room set-up, service and sanitation of all meals. Daily stateroom service and housekeeping include cleaning, making the beds and bathrooms. Our vessels are small and intimate and we have a strong commitment to excellence and a passion for personal attention to all of our guests. Stewards will have a high level of guest interaction and are expected to demonstrate superior customer service skills and respond immediately and quickly to our guests needs. This is an excellent position for recent college graduates. Stewards are 12 week temporary employees.
• You must be at least 18 years of age
• You must have a high school diploma
• Our vessels are U.S. registered. Therefore, all shipboard employees must be able to legally work in the United States (U.S. Citizens/ Permanent Resident Aliens)
• All positions require pre-employment, random, and reasonable cause alcohol and urine drug testing, as per U.S. Coast Guard regulations
• Physical Demands; All shipboard positions can be physically demanding. Repetitive motion, bending, climbing and often heavy lifting, are requirements of most positions. Every crew-member works 7 days a week for 12 hour shifts while on board.
• Uniform/Grooming Standards; At our cruise line it is important that your attire and personal grooming reflect a positive and professional image. Including no visible tattoos above the collar in a t-shirt and long pants. The company has a uniform policy that all crew-members must adhere to.