Do you love to travel, make new friends and save money? This is a temporary 12-week position requiring you to work and live onboard one of our 49-150 passenger luxury ships.
You have the potential to earn $700 - $900 per week. Training, room-and-board is provided at no charge. This is a great way to make and save money while traveling.
The Deckhand positions are ideal for college students or students taking a semester off. We provide training and no previous cruise ship experience is necessary. Our vessels are small and intimate and we have a strong commitment to excellence and a passion for personalized service. Deckhands have a high level of guest interaction and are expected to demonstrate superior customer service skills and respond immediately and quickly to our guests needs.
Some Job Functions – Deckhands:
* Participating in steering the ship with supervision of Captain
* Participates with docking and anchoring maneuvers: handling lines, gangways, anchors, etc.
* Standing watches: gangway and deck watch. These watches include security, maintenance and passenger assistance duties
* Loading and unloading passenger luggage, ship stores, etc.
* Maintenance, painting, cleaning, lifting lines and other heavy objects
* Various additional duties relating to the navigation and handling of the ship
* Customer Service
* High School Graduate
* At least 18 years of age
* Pass a pre-employment drug test
* Physically strong, with stamina to work long hours
* Well groomed neat appearance
* Friendly and outgoing
* Strong communication skills
* College experience preferred
* US Citizenship or legally authorized to work in the United States
* Ability to clearly speak and write the English Language