Our company, the leader in the small ship cruising industry, is seeking enthusiastic Cruise Directors to live and work on board our luxurious ships.
The Cruise Director's primary responsibility is to exceed our guests’ expectations. The Cruise Director will provide our guests with extensive port information to keep them well informed of activities and tours. The Cruise Director will also organize and coordinate passenger events on board the ship. We cater to our guests, and makes every cruising experience a special memory.
The Cruise Director will have a high level of passenger interaction, while responding to the needs of our guests. This includes arranging shore tours, onboard entertainment, activities and lecturers. The Cruise Director position requires an energetic and creative person who has a passion for guest satisfaction.This one of a kind opportunity is ideal for recent college graduates or industry professionals and a great chance to begin a career in the cruise ship industry. Our cruise line offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and great travel opportunities.
The crew has a passion for personalized service and the ability to know every guest on the cruise while catering to their needs. Cruise Directors will enjoy a typical work rotation of 6 weeks on and 2 weeks off while traveling the rivers and protected waterways of the United States..
- Act as shipboard Concierge for our guests
- Prepare detailed tour presentations to inform passengers of tours offered by American Cruise Lines and recommend additional tours and activities
- Accompany guests on tours and activities
- Make arrangements for special tours, biking, kayaking, rental cars, horseback riding, etc.
- Responsible for monitoring the inventory of port related materials
- Critiquing shore excursions, on board historians & lecturers and other ship board activities
- Exceeding our guests expectations
- Bachelors Degree in Hospitality Management, Hotel Restaurant Management or Travel and Tourism
- Self-motivated, positive and enthusiastic person with strong leadership abilities, excellent communication skills and a commitment to exceptional service
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Passion for excellence and commitment to customer service
- Pre-employment drug test
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to live and work on board for rotations of 6 weeks on and 2 weeks off
- Must meet physical requirements of job
- US Citizenship or legally authorized to work in the United States