The Security Guard is responsible for the control of entry to the ship during Gangway Operations and the screening process as described in the Security Manual in SQM. Actual times to be detailed by ships routines.
Qualifications(but are not limited to):
* The Security Guard shall have an understanding of the Safety and Quality Management Program including responsibilities and those of the Security Guards in the Safety Organization according to the Emergency Plan and Station Bill
* The Security Guards working hours should be adjusted as appropriate to the ship's routine. He/She shall monitor the day/night security and prepare a log of activities during the night time hours for presentation to the Security Officer
* During Safety Rounds the Security Guard shall always be alert and follow the designated procedures
* The Security Guard shall immediately inform the Duty Officer on the Bridge and any other concerned Officer of any incident which has occurred
* The Security Guard shall always be alert to take emergency action with any situation.
* The Security Guard shall report immediately any unusual incidents or situations
* Security Guards shall conduct frequent security inspections on the crew quarters during his/hers duty hours
* The Security Guards shall attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required Perform related duties as required
* This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position
Minimum Hiring Requirements:
* Ability to read, write and speak English clearly and distinctly
* All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D1 visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable
* Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training