Assistant Explorations Manager
As an Assistant Explorations Manager, you would be administrating the shipboard shore excursion program and related guest services to achieve established revenue and quality goals. Here, you would be working with a world-class team.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Monitors shore excursion operations and ratings for quality assurance.
* Actively seeks additional marketing opportunities and venues onboard.
* Regularly conducts onboard sales training with the team, and ensures all team members understand the current strategies and plans to meet targets.
* Provides guest services with regard to tour sales, refunds, complaints, and general port and ship information.
* Conducts scheduled tour presentations to guest audiences. Participates in maintaining shipboard shore excursion video. May rewrite scripts or work with Broadcast Technician to shoot footage as needed.
* On ships with SeaTrek program. Works closely with dive manager, assistant dive manager or divers to ensure SeaTrek program meets revenue and ratings targets. Supervises aquatics personnel during shore excursions desk shifts. Schedules Shore Excursions team for regular shifts in the dive shop to learn and improve cross promotion and team work.
Qualifications and Requirements:
* Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
* Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French. Italian, Portuguese, or German preferred.
* Knowledge of ports-of-call and associated tours preferred.
* Understanding of cruise and daily targets, forecasts and performance measures.
* Ability to execute revenue plans and utilize provided tools to maximize shore excursion revenue and ratings.
* Ability to conduct tour presentations to large groups of guests. Experience conducting tour or sales presentations preferred but not required.
* Demonstrated aptitude in sales and customer service. Ability to sell, up-sell and cross-sell tour products and services.
* Demonstrated aptitude for the management of the assigned staff. Ability to manage the international staff in a positive and productive manner by motivating, developing and managing employees as they work. Ability to utilize and administer the disciplinary action process through coaching and counseling to improve performance or terminate employment.
* While performing the duties of this job, the shipboard employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.