Major cruise line is currently looking for Flair Bartenders to join the Food & Beverage team. Flair Bartenders work under the direction of senior bartenders and keep guests entertained while expertly preparing their preferred beverages. They perform regularly at bar shows and have the ability to juggle, throw, and catch bottles, and perform other mixing tricks. Aside from possessing showmanship and knowledge of beer, cocktails, spirits, and wine, Flair Bartenders must be able to interact effectively with guests and all levels of employees. Faultless appearance, English proficiency, and at least one year of related beverage service experience, preferably in a four- or five-star restaurant, lounge, hotel, or cruise ship (shipboard experience is an advantage), are required for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Conduct himself/herself in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner during his/her physical and verbal interactions with guests and fellow shipboard employees at all times
* Report to the assigned bar/workstation on time, properly groomed and dressed according to Company standards; and follow his/her supervisor’s (Senior Flair Bartender/Senior Bartender/Assistant Bar Manager) instructions according to the Company’s rules and regulations
* Assist bartenders/senior bartenders in keeping the bar and pantry clean and organized, in preparing and serving drinks, mise-en-place; take orders, prepare drinks behind the bar, and/or take and deliver orders to seated guests with a tray; supervise the lounge in the absence of a Senior Flair Bartender
* Must be able to juggle, throw, and catch bottles; must be comfortable performing in front of a sizeable audience in varied locations; must be able to consistently prepare drinks in a manner that exudes showmanship and visual excitement
* Keep all assigned areas clean, USPH compliant, and visually appealing at all times; ensure that equipment is properly maintained and repaired
* Check and deliver stock requisitions; follow standards for merchandising, stocking, rotating, and storing products; ensure that adequate supplies are on hand at all times
* Effectively resolve guest complaints and make every effort to ensure that guest leave the bar lounge satisfied
* Contribute to F&B goals for increasing sales and boosting revenue
* Take initiative in learning all aspects of the Flair Bartender position
* Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's safety, quality, and environmental standards.
* At least one year beverage service experience in an upscale restaurant, lounge, hotel, or cruise ship (shipboard experience preferred)
* Knowledge of beer, cocktails, spirits, and wine
* Ability to analyze and interpret documents such as recipes and manuals
* Ability to multi-task and remain organized and flexible in a fast-paced environment
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with guests and all levels of employees
* All applicants must have the ability to obtain relevant visas when applicable.
* All shipboard employees must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms, and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors, and co-workers.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. He/she must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.