Job Summary and Essential Job Functions:
- Position reports directly to the Bar Manager, Assistant Bar Manager and Head Bartender. The major trust of this position is to provide excellent guest service while striving to increase bar revenue.
- Responsible for assisting with achieving the departmental guest satisfaction targets for the bar department. These targets include Bar and Lounge Service and Bar and Lounge Drink Quality.
- Responsible for assisting with achieving the departmental revenue targets for the Bar Department as established by the Corporate Office.
- Responsible for assisting with achieving the department cost of sales targets for the Bar Department as established by the Corporate Office.
Must be willing and able to assist with other job functions as required when dictated by business:
- Beverage and wine service in the Restaurants
- Meet and greet guests on embarkation day
- Escort guests to their stateroom on embarkation day
- Assist with guest personal belongings or luggage on embarkation/debarkation day
- Deliver amenities to staterooms on embarkation day
- Swiping guest cards on embarkation/debarkation day
- Attend and participate in safety/Company training as scheduled.
- Assist with private parties and functions
- Responsible for preparing drinks according to the standard recipes.
- All drinks are to be prepared in accordance with the Company’s standard pours policy.
- All drinks are to be served in the appropriate glassware with the correct garnish.
- Ensures that beverage promotions, as determined by the Company, are in place and adhered to in assigned bar area.
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Completion of an accredited Bartender Certification Program from a recognized educational institution is required.
- Minimum one year of experience as a Bartender for a large cruise ship or high-volume luxury hotel or resort is required.
- Minimum one year of experience working in a high-volume bar operation is required.
- Minimum one year of experience with maintaining bar inventories is required.
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge of point of sales systems is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English is required; and other languages are preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced Typing and Computer software Skills: Microsoft Word & Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, IBM AS400, Fidelio, Micros.