Job Description and Duties: Performs duties as delegated by The Chief Engineer and Staff Chief Engineer; He/ she may be assigned to engine control room watch duties and in this case assists the Engineer Watch Officer by locally monitoring the safe and proper operation of all main propulsion and auxiliary engines and their belonging systems, machinery and equipment within the engine room.
- In case the third engineer is assigned to the ship's hotel maintenance engineering team, he/ she will assist the Hotel Service Engineer in the maintenance and repair of all machineries, equipment and systems outside the main engine room and with hotel area refurbishment projects
- Reports to the 1st Engineer, Staff Chief Engineer and the Chief Engineer
Third Engineer Job Requirements:
- STVW-95 approved 3rd Engineer License (CoC)
- Experience as a 3rd Engineer or an Engine Cadet on board ships is preferred, but not mandatory
- Degree in Mechanical or Marine Engineering from accredited maritime school or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written command of the English language