Major cruise company is looking for Housekeeping Administrator. Housekeeping Administrators work closely with the Chief Housekeeper and oversee all administrative and clerical functions for the Housekeeping department. His/her duties include managing and maintaining various logs and reports; accurately managing the gratuity workbook; updating the Housekeeping notice board; handling various crew-related programs; operating the onboard flower shop; and performing other tasks as required. A high school diploma or basic education equivalency, excellent organizational skills, knowledge of standard office procedures, and proficiency in different onboard systems are required for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* The Housekeeping Administrator supports and reports to the Executive Housekeeper. This position oversees all clerical and administrative functions for the housekeeping division. This includes and is not limited to the managing and maintaining of reports, performance measuring tools, reporting logs, Inventory logs, internal communications, requisitioning functions, audit results management, Inspection data entry, time and attendance functions and other aspects of crew management and support .
* This position will oversee the managing and maintaining various reports that are required to support the Housekeeping and Laundry operation. These reports may include and is not limited to inspection reports, time and attendance reports, general crew reports, bed bug reports, trend reports, condition reports, compliancy reports and overall operational reports.
* Will manage and maintain various logs. The logs may include and is not limited to guest resolution logs, do not disturb logs and various operational logs required to support the housekeeping operation.
* Various schedules will be managed and maintained which may include but is not limited to training schedules, work schedules, inspection schedules and other schedules required to support the Housekeeping and Laundry operation.
* Will have a role in the managing and preparation of the appraisal process. This will include and is not limited to the scheduling of performance appraisals, as well as the documenting of the process as required by company policy .
* This position will manage and maintain various programs which may include and is not limited to the gift and gear program and revenue reporting for the laundry, floral cart, mini-bar and tuxedo programs as well as various other programs.
* Other duties will include and are not limited to managing the Performance Management Tool. This will entail data entry, reporting, communicating results, and maintaining the data integrity of the tool.
* Additional duties include the managing of various crew related programs and processes which may include and is limited to the time and attendance functions, sign-on / sign off orientation, uniform requisitioning, boat drill excuse lists and the hotel familiarization and verification process.
* Will maintains a safe, secure, and healthy environment by enforcing organizational standards, procedures, and legal regulations and promoting Workplace Safety. Attends mandatory crew and guest safety drills, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
* Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
* Specific knowledge of principles and processes for providing exceptional customer and
personal service including needs assessment, problem resolution, demonstrated strong
attention to detail and achievement of quality service standards
* Skill set needs to include proficiency in the different onboard systems this must include
Encore, Guest Log, etc.
* The ability to create various analyses’, reporting and data entry.
* Ability to communicate diplomatically with supervisors and crew members to resolve
problems and negotiate amicable resolution to challenges
* Ability to work positively and cooperatively in a diverse team environment to meet overall
established timeframes for the Housekeeping division operation
* Should harbor a flexible outlook towards placement throughout the fleet , considering
changing fleet-wide operational business needs
* Working knowledge of cleaning procedures and equipment, chemical handling, linen par
levels, public health standards, computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within
a variety of software packages (e.g. MS Office) and office equipment
* Completion of high school or equivalent required
* All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D visa (and other relevant visas) when applicabl
* Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training
* Able to communicate sensitive information in a diplomatic manner.