Food and Beverage Administrator
Large cruise company is looking for Food and Beverage Administrator. Present in all the steps involved in the Food & Beverage Operations cycle, the Food and Beverage Administrator supervises all culinary or food and beverage operations in his/her assigned ship, ensuring that said operations meet or exceed the Company's expected standards. His/her duties include directing, coaching, supporting, supervising, and evaluating (in conjunction with the Hotel Director) the performance of direct reports; coordinating with the Bar Manager, Executive Chef, and Restaurant Manager; overseeing the overall food & beverage budget; and ensuring that all presentation, quality, sanitation, and service standards are met. Between five to seven years of progressive food and beverage managerial experience, preferably in an upscale hotel, cruise ship (shipboard experience is an advantage), restaurant, or high-volume food service facility are required for these roles.
* Must have basic Accounting Knowledge.
* Must have solid computer skills, including good knowledge of Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, PowerPoint. Experience with ENCORE and other programs used on board are a plus.
* Must have good command of the English language with excellent spelling, punctuation and grammar skills.
* Strong knowledge and experience with standard office procedures and organizational skills are necessary.
* Must have the ability to operate basic office equipment, including telephone, copy machine, fax, adding machine, etc.
* Must have excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with all levels of management and employees.
* Must have completed high school or basic education equivalency.
* Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German preferred