Major cruise line is looking for Culinary Administrator. Present in all the steps involved in the Food & Beverage Operations cycle, the Culinary Administrator supervises all culinary or food and beverage operations in his/her assigned ship, ensuring that said operations meet or exceed the Company's expected standards. His/her duties include directing, coaching, supporting, supervising, and evaluating (in conjunction with the Hotel Director) the performance of direct reports; coordinating with the Bar Manager, Executive Chef, and Restaurant Manager; overseeing the overall food & beverage budget; and ensuring that all presentation, quality, sanitation, and service standards are met. Between five to seven years of progressive food and beverage managerial experience, preferably in an upscale hotel, cruise ship (shipboard experience is an advantage), restaurant, or high-volume food service facility are required for these roles.
* Two to three years of word processing experience in a secretarial capacity preferred.
* Excellent ability to multi-task and remain calm under pressure.
* Self-starter with strong follow up and excellent attention to detail.
* Ability to consistently meet deadlines while under pressure.
* Superior customer service, interpersonal, team building, conflict resolution and communication (oral and written) skills.
* Working knowledge of computers in a Window environment with emails Microsoft Word, Excel and related printers and equipment.
* Ability to type 40-50 WPM.
* Knowledge of standard office procedures and organization skills. Ability to operate basic office equipment, including telephone, copy machine, fax, adding machine, etc.
* Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with all levels of management and employees. Excellent organizational skills.
* Completion of high school or college degree much preferred.
* All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable
* Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training
* Able to communicate sensitive information in a diplomatic manner.
* Exceptional customer service skills to interact appropriately with all levels of management, guests and employees in a considerate, professional and positive manner by showing concern and listening actively.
* Monitors and manages the various assigned workstation functions.
* Mentors, develops and provides on-the-job training to his/her staff to strengthen their current performance and preparation for future advancement