Large cruise line is now searching for Bar Storekeepers. Bar Storekeepers work closely with the Food & Beverage Provision Master, assisting the latter in maintaining quality and quantity control of all bar-related inventory, as well as in ordering, receiving, loading, storing, and issuing all bar products. Additional responsibilities include maintaining all storerooms according to USPH guidelines and regulations; monitoring the proper temperature in all storerooms; and providing assistance to the Inventory Manager. Basic education, proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, and experience as a Food and Beverage storekeeper in a reputable hotel or at a comparable establishment that stores a high volume of merchandise are required for this position.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Responsible for assisting the F&B Provision Master in safekeeping and in the issuance of bar products.
* Responsible for assisting the F&B Provision Master in maintaining all bar storerooms clean, organized, and in compliance to USPH regulations and guidelines.
* Participates in the loading and storing process of all bar inventoried items.
* Ensures segregation of goods based on pick lists provided by the F&B Provision Master.
* Responsible for monitoring shelf-live all of Bar products.
* Responsible for monitoring proper temperatures of all Bar storerooms.
* Disburses merchandise from the storerooms following the pick-up times established in the Internal Requisitioning Timetable for Bar Department.
* Responsible for reporting to the F&B Provision Master the spoilage and breakage of inventoried items.
* F&B Provision Master and the Inventory Manager will assign individual responsibilities concerning the cleanliness and sanitation procedures for USPH.
* Responsible for taking the necessary precautions actions to avoid bodily injuries and/or damages to company’s property when using chemical and cleaning material.
* Assists the Inventory Manager with assigned duties required by the day-to-day operations of the Inventory Organization.
* Comply with all corporate standards and procedures as they relate to the entire Celebrity fleet.
* Follow ship’s rules and regulations as stipulated in the Employee Handbook and respect all Senior Ranking Officers and fellow staff.
* Attend and participate in all mandatory lifeboat safety drills on embarkation days and any other port days as scheduled by the Master.
* Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
* Previous bar storekeeping experience, preferably in a 4 or 5 star restaurant, lounge, hotel or cruise ship.
* Ability to work independently to, quickly and accurately.
* Basic knowledge of liquor, beer, wine brands and quality
* Experience working with cash registers and/or related computerized systems.
* Ability to perform basic math functions with regard to calculating tips, discounts and percentages.
* Ability to apply customer service skills when interacting with guests and coworkers.
* Ability to provide on-the-job training to Bar Utility personnel.
* Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred.
* Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French, German, Italian, or Portuguese is preferred.