Major cruise line is now searching for Bartenders. Provides efficient, fast, professional and courteous service to all guests, as well as demonstrating excellent salesmanship. The goal of this position is to help maintain a smooth operation of the bars on a day-to-day basis according to company policy.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Converses with guests to answer questions, provide information, promote drink specials and/or up-sell to premium brands. Makes suggestions for alternatives if drink request is not available in current inventory.
* Takes orders from guests or Bar Servers. Asks for appropriate identification to determine minimum drinking age.
* Prepares all beverages. Utilizes a jigger for proper measurement and serves drinks in appropriate glass with garnishment.
* Serves wine and draught or bottled beer in the appropriate glass or fashion.
* Arranges bottles and glasses to create an attractive display.
* Maintains, secures and cleans bar area. Practices napkin folding techniques and mechanics.
* Works independently and without immediate supervision.
* Maintains inventory of liquor, mixers and other items utilized in the bar.
* Maintains an awareness of drink trends and makes recommendations to management to introduce new drinks.
* May perform Bartender duties during special events and parties not located in the bars or lounges.
* Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
* Responsible for cost containment through the proper use, handling and maintenance of records, reports, supplies and equipment.
* Ensures that all communication costs are kept under control.
* Ensures that guests are charged for pertinent special requests and services.
* Identifies potential expense reductions through cost control. Analyzes operational problems and establishes controls. Reviews timesheets and forwards to the Food & Beverage Manager for approval. May prepare a variety of reports and letters utilizing personal computer system and equipment.
* Ensures that items are requisitioned in correct quantities, within acceptable timeframes and in accordance with established control procedures. Conducts workstation spot checks to ensure items are correctly stored to minimize deterioration and waste.
* Two to three years previous bartending experience, preferably in a 4 or 5 star restaurant, lounge, etc.
* Ability to work independently and to quickly and accurately mix drinks according to mixology standards.
* Working knowledge of varying brands and quality of liquors and beers.
* Knowledge of varying brands and quality of wines preferred.
* Working knowledge of public health standards.
* Working knowledge of cash registers and/or related computerized systems.
* Ability to perform basic math functions with regard to calculating tips, discounts and percentages.
* Working knowledge of inventory control methods and standards.
* Ability to up-sell and promote drinks and specials. Ability to entertain guests with tricks and juggling is a plus.
* Ability to apply customer service skills according to Royal Caribbean International’s Gold Anchor Standards when interacting with guests and coworkers.
* Ability to provide on-the-job training to Bar Servers and Bar Utility personnel.
* Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred.
* Actively follows ServSafe responsible service of alcoholic beverages.
* Successfully passes ServSafe training within the first 30 days of contract.
* Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French, German, Italian, or Portuguese is preferred.