Title: Assistant Housekeeper; Department: Hotel Department; Primary Function: Assist the Chief Housekeeper in the efficient and safe organization and operation for the housekeeping department. Areas of responsibilities are divided into “Back of the House” and “Front of the House”, including but are not limited to Guest Stateroom areas, Public areas, Crew area, Laundry & Valet and Tailor shop.
Reports To: Chief Housekeeper
1. Assist the Chief Housekeeper to oversee the daily operations and duties in the housekeeping department.
2. Enforce policies and procedures, Marine Hotel Directives (MHD) and Marine Hotel Operation Manuals (MOM).
3. Responsible for the daily activities of the Cabin Inspectors, Public and Crew areas,
Laundry & Valet and the Tailor Shop.
4. Conduct daily pre-shift meeting with Cabin Inspectors and Crew.
5. Prepare work schedules for Cabin Inspectors, Housekeeping Crew, Laundry and Tailor shop crew within set limits. All working schedules are to be approved by the Chief Housekeeper.
6. Monitor, on a daily basis, the work performance of the Cabin Inspectors and Crew for
accomplishment of assigned tasks. Enforce that all work performance meets HAL standard according to the housekeeping policies, procedures and manuals.
7. Monitor the recording of crew working time and overtime. Submit final wage report to the
Chief Housekeeper for review and approval.
8. Provide prompt follow-up on guest’s requests/complaints.
9. Provide prompt follow-up on items noted on “Let Us Know” card and COB comments,
and take corrective actions.
10. Work closely with Front desk in handling/dealing with guest requests/complaints and follow up promptly.
11. Monitor tailor shop production and ensure proper tracking of uniforms issued to crewmembers.
* Preferred College or University degree in hospitality management, business administration or related field preferred. International equivalent suffices.
* Minimum 2 years leadership experience in the hospitality Industry showing progressive growth in responsibility.
* Preferred 2 years of shipboard experience within the Housekeeping Services environment.
* Preferred 1 year of experience overseeing a commercial laundry operation within a hospitality environment.
* Able to work well and communicate effectively with both shipboard and corporate personnel.
* Ability to multi-task and handle constantly changing priorities.
* Leadership, training and organizational skills demonstrated through past experience.
* Extensive knowledge of USPH and Sanitation protocols.
* Working knowledge of computers and the ability to navigate within a variety of software programs such as excel, word and PowerPoint.