Top cruise line is now searching for Stateroom Attendants. An instrumental part of our operation, this team is responsible for ensuring the cleanliness of passenger cabins, reporting any equipment malfunction, and providing great customer service to our guests. Some essential tasks of this team include: cleaning carpets, upholstery, floors, walls, ceilings, draperies, windows, and room accessories, sweeping, scrubbing and vacuuming. Previous experience in a similar role, knowledge of cleaning techniques and chemical handling, and good communication skills are required.
Essentials Duties and Responsibilities:
* Each housekeeping shipboard employee reports to their workstation assignment on time and properly groomed and dressed according to standards. This includes a clean uniform, nametag, and any other uniform related item.
* During embarkation, greets the guests of their assigned sections and introduces him/herself. Explains stateroom amenities and lay out including mini bar, interactive system and all available services onboard ship. Describes his/her function including duty hours and other available room services. May be assigned to the gangway to greet guests, if needed.
* Provides personalized assistance to guests by following cruise line’s standards of service and style. Maintains current knowledge of the ship’s regular events and special functions by reviewing all available data, including the daily newsletter, in order to provide guests with accurate information to answer questions.
* Follows all daily, weekly and monthly stateroom, balcony and corridor cleaning procedures to ensure standards are met.
* Responsible to make beds according to the Save the Waves program.
* Supervises the Assistant Stateroom Attendants who is responsible for cleaning bathrooms and replenishing bathroom supplies and towels. Inspects work areas with entry-level staff to ensure USPH guidelines are met. Provides guidance, instruction and demonstrates cleaning techniques to entry-level staff to meet requirements.
* Cleans walls, ceilings, draperies, windows, and room accessories to remove effects of smoke, dust, water and other damage such as dirt, soot, stains, mildew, and excess water and moisture. Sprays or fogs carpet, upholstery, and accessories with fabric conditioners and protectors, deodorizers, and disinfectants. Dusts furniture. Washes walls, ceiling, and woodwork. Washes windows and door panels.
* Replenishes daily supplies such as drinking glasses, ice, soap, amenities, mineral water, stationary supplies and mini bar supplies.
* Receives guest’s laundry and dry cleaning and transports to laundry for processing. Returns cleaned laundry to guest's stateroom and presents laundry bills.
* Delivers room service to guest staterooms as requested.
* Notifies management of the malfunction of lighting, heating and ventilation equipment.
* Maintains cleaning supplies and equipment in good working order. Requisitions supplies and equipment when needed. Ensures that work area is free from hazards to guests and other shipboard crew members.
* Is aware of, and/or acquires the necessary knowledge to comply with the ship’s standard operation, in order to assist guests and crew members with inquiries.
* Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
* Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
* Minimum one to two years previous cleaning experience in an upscale hotel, resort or cruise line (shipboard experience preferred).
* Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements and use of equipment.
* Knowledge of proper chemical handling.
* Ability to apply customer service skills when interacting with guests and coworkers.
* Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred.
* Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
* All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable.
* Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training.