Waiters-Major Cruise Line
A prestigious cruise line is currently searching for Waiters to join our team. This team works hard to achieve the highest guest satisfaction with both food quality and service execution. Some of the main tasks of our waiters and assistant waiters are: setting up tables, explaining the menus, taking orders, serving food and beverages and cleaning tables.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Must be knowledgeable with the all menu items and ingredients and have sufficient knowledge to answer guest’s questions. Goes out of his way to promote the product to be served.
* Is fully responsible for the satisfaction of guests on his station and has the ability to coordinate service with his Assistant Waiter, following service procedures and ensuring full guest satisfaction.
* Responsible to explain the menu to guests and follows all procedures to ensure wine sales, as well as proper control of the “All Inclusive” wines.
* Responsible to follow the service procedures laid out by Restaurant Management team and acknowledges them by signing training forms.
* Responsible to check if guest are pleased with the food and service, and amends service when necessary to fully satisfy guests.
* Has sufficient knowledge to inform guests about the overall cruise product and has a good knowledge of the ship.
* Must report for duty on assigned times following his Superior instructions in line with the company rules and regulations.
* Will be required to perform side jobs as per the Restaurant Manager schedule.
* Responsible for keeping his working section clean and tidy and follows all sanitation regulations.
* Is responsible to properly log his working hours in the Weekly Time Card, bearing in mind breaks taken and correct start and finish times.
* When assigned to Buffet duty or open deck service, goes out of his way to follow company’s service standards.
* At times such as dry docks or lay up periods (or any other time deemed by ship’s management), may be assigned to perform other tasks such as working in the messes or carrying out any other duty in the hotel division.
* Is responsible to observe the company’s standards of grooming at all times.
* Observes all other ships rules and regulations including those related to safety.
* Must have the physical ability to carry up to 20 plates which can weigh up to 15 - 20 kilos.
* May be assigned also to perform cleaning duties inside the restaurant department.
* Certificates of completion of training programs in the Food and Beverage area including sanitation.
* Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Waiter position in shore in a 3 stars Hotel or experience onboard in a similar position.
* Sanitation and Environmental knowledge.
* Basic computer knowledge.
* Required to speak, read and write in English in an Advanced level in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms.
* Ability to speak, read and write in French, Portuguese, Spanish, German, Mandarin is preferred.
* Outstanding ability to deal with the public.
* Exceeds guest’s expectations consistently with his service skills and attitude.
* Ability to promote the product he is serving and to explain to guests about the product.
* Able to work closely as member of a large team and has self-discipline throughout his time on board.
* Adequate grooming.
* Able to follow order.
* Be an organized person.
* Able to work under stress.
* Concern about safety.
* Ability to adjust to, and to work in a multi-national environment.
* Ability to communicate respectfully with Department Heads, coworkers and other ship board employees.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to understand and comply with company standards.
* While performing the duties of this job, the shipboard employee is regularly required to stand , walk, use hand to touch, handle, or feel reach with hands and arms , talk or hear, and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
* All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs, as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
* Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Ability to adapt fast to new procedures and systems.