A prestigious cruise line currently requires Restaurant Host/ess to join the team.The Restaurant Host/ess is responsible for the pre voyage dining coordination (table assignments). Coordinates Celebrity Select Dining table assignments and welcomes guest at the entrance. Consistently exhibits personal qualities of style, elegance, poise and grace, while maintaining a positive attitude in a professional and friendly manner.
In addition to other requirements, Minimum of three years' experience in a food preparation/service position in an upscale hotel, resort, cruise ship or convention banqueting service (shipboard experience preferred).
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Ensures that pre voyage table assignments are created as per Company's Shipboard Dining Coordination Manual and the dining coordination check list.
* Understands thoroughly the company's food and service standards, anticipating and fulfilling guests' needs.
* Responsible for keeping track of all special orders and special occasions such as birthdays or anniversaries at the Celebrity Select Dining. He/she communicates all the special orders to the wait staff to ensure the necessary ordered items such as special meals and cakes are delivered.
* Has basic knowledge of wines and wine service.
* Is aware of, and/or acquires the necessary knowledge to comply with the ship's standard operation, in order to assist guests and crew members with inquiries.
* Maintains a professional presence when faced with adverse situations and when coordinating many functions simultaneously.
Qualifications and Minimum Requirements:
* Minimum of three years' experience in a food preparation/service position in an upscale hotel, resort, cruise ship or convention banqueting service (shipboard experience preferred).
* In addition to English, able to speak 1 of the following languages is required; Italian, Spanish, French, and German.
* Previous experience as a host in a luxury hotel or resort, convention center, public relations or in a related hospitality function.
* Exceptional customer service skills to interact appropriately with guests in a considerate, professional and positive manner by showing concern and listening actively.
* Must have excellent typing skills.
* Working knowledge of computers, Internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety of software packages such as Excel, Word, or related programs.