Corporate Traveling Executive Chef
We are currently looking for a Corporate Traveling Executive Chef, for a European Cruise company sailing world wide.
The position will work (both shoreside and onboard) with the onboard Executive Chef to provide guidance and precise instructions on how to follow the correct guidelines to maintain all Company culinary standards, plus all related procedures. Onboard Hotel Management will follow all instructions offering full cooperation and compliance. Onboard Management will be responsible and accountable to maintain and enforce all Corporate Travelling directives, changes and improvements after the conclusion of the ship visits.
The Corporate Travelling Executive Chef manages all shipboard Culinary Operations to ensure Company standards are planned, achieved and maintained within set budgets and customer satisfaction targets. The position travels throughout the fleet to ensure that all food preparation standards are performed in accordance with Costa Crociere culinary manuals and recipes, HACCP and USPH guidelines, Environmental and Workplace Safety policies and procedures, as required by food preparation manuals onboard the vessels and / or other business units as deemed necessary by the Company. The position also provides general assistance to Corporate and Shipboard F&B Operations.
· High School Diploma or GED; 2 years degree from an accredited university in Culinary Art, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major;
· Excellent communication, organization, problem solving and leadership skills;
· Minimum 6 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage or related professional area;
· Very good English skills, both written and spoken;
· Strong knowledge of all culinary techniques, related food items, preparation skills and techniques, cleaning and maintenance of all equipment;
· Preferably, must have successfully completed the U.S.P.H. course on vessel sanitation protocols, or equivalent European standards;
· Knowledge of quality control standards and practices;
· IT literate, preferably with good knowledge of Microsoft Office package.