Main Duties - When assigned upfront at the Front Desk: Provide all Guests with a high level of service by insuring that all requests are courteously, promptly, efficiently handled ensure that follow up is consistent and timely. When situations arise and it is required, provide Guests with answers, alternatives and solutions to issues presented.
When assigned Phone Duty: Provide Superior Verandah Suite Guests exclusive concierge service; offering exclusive amenities and personal “one touch button” phone services, including assisting in answering In-Room Dining calls and dispatch orders to responsible parties. Answer Dining Room Reservations calls and dispatch reservations and information via the system to the concerned department for follow-up.
1. Respond to all Guest requests, concerns and issues in a timely and professional manner. Provide premium Guest service by handling all communications, verbal or written in accordance with the set standards.
2. Assist Foreign Speaking Guests by responding to their requests, concerns and issues in the official languages (Dutch, Spanish and German) promoted and established by the company.
3. Translate printed material in accordance with the Foreign Language Assistance Program which entails translating onboard printed material and assisting other Departments when verbal/written translations are needed in order to deliver premium service to these (groups of) Guests.
4. Handle cash transactions required by Guests including and not limited to traveler checks, stamps, foreign exchange, gratuity adjustments and settlement of shipboard accounts in accordance with the company’s established accounting policies and procedures.
5. Log and maintain accurate records of all Guest calls, inquiries, concerns and requests using systems provided and in accordance with set procedures. Promptly bring up situations that require the attention of the Guest Relations Supervisor and or Guest Relations Manager.
6. Maintain accurate Mariner Loyalty Society Rewards Program guest records and logs. Through the Siebel system and in accordance with set procedures, communicate all inquiries, concerns and requests to the concerned departments.
7. Maintain accurate work order files for easy reference as well as files on daily guest calls made to ensure quality assurance according to agreed standards. Promote various services and programs as appropriate to generate revenue.
8. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers and officers within and across department boundaries through verbal and written communications to support resolution of guest issues in a timely and efficient manner. Maintain and update a library of reference materials associated with the function to assist in answering guest inquiries accurately and in a timely manner.
9. Perform administrative and record-keeping tasks associated with International Concierge function.
10. Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to ship’s relevant health & safety procedures as required.
11. Perform other miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned by Guest Relations Supervisor/Manager.
- previous Front Desk experience
- ability to work under pressure
- ability to work in a team within International environment