- The person in this position works as a singer in the theatre ensemble and is responsible for the stage-ready presentation of the developed roles in the show and entertainment formats of the cruise line.
- Autonomous development and presentation of solo programmes. Participation in development and implementation of special formats, e.g. Christmas Gala.
- As singer in the theatre ensemble the artist takes on singing, speaking, dancing or miming tasks in the show formats of the company.
- Performances in theatre shows, dinner shows, pool shows, solo programs, readings, special events, group events and other entertainment formats.
- Dedication to musical entertainment on board (show productions, solo performances, events, etc.)
- Participation and involvement in all rehearsals and repertoire rehearsals for entertainment formats.
- Autonomous voice care.
- Informs the theatre manager about any conflicts and disturbances in the work flow.
- Fulfils host duties to passengers (stairguiding check-in).
- Contact for all passengers in case of problems and complaints.
- Active integration into on-board community, participation in team meetings.
- Completed nationally recognised artistic training or similar artistic qualifications as singer, musical performer or stage performer.
- Several years’ experience of professional stage productions desirable.
- Experience as singer/musical performer on board a cruise ship advantageous.
- Confident knowledge of German and English (spoken and written).
- Marked understanding of customer service and guidance.
- Good general education.
- High level of commitment, energy and stamina.
- Talent, natural charisma and artistic instinct.
- Musicality, rhythm and physical fitness.
- Professional training in solo singing and choral ensemble work.
- Basic training in drama, ballet, modern, and jazz dance.
- Self-confidence, very good social graces.
- Awareness of cost and quality.
- Communication skills and team skills.
- Very kempt appearance.