- The person in this position works as artist in the theatre ensemble and is responsible for the stage-ready presentation of the developed roles in the show and entertainment formats of the cruise line.
- As Acrobat in the theatre ensemble the artist takes on performance tasks and pantomime scenes in the show formats of the company.
- Performances in theatre shows, dinner shows, pool shows, solo programmes, special events, group events and other entertainment formats.
- Participation and involvement in all rehearsals and repertoire rehearsals for entertainment formats.
- Autonomous practice and self-study
- Fulfills host duties to passengers (stairguiding check-in).
- Contact for all passengers in case of problems and complaints.
- Active integration into on-board community, participation in team meetings.
- Completed nationally recognized artistic training or similar artistic skills as performer in floor and air performance arts.
- Perfect command of several own artistic numbers.
- Several years’ experience of professional stage productions desirable.
- Experience as performer on board a cruise ship advantageous.
- Knowledge of English (spoken and written)
- German language skills are an advantage.
- Marked understanding of customer service and guidance.
- Good general education.
- High level of commitment, energy and stamina.
- Talent, natural charisma and artistic instinct.
- Perfect mastery of specialised artistic genres and own numbers.
- Ability to sustain a continuous high level of physical performance and steady discipline.
- Professional training in floor and air performance arts (silk, rope, trapeze, ring, chain etc.)
- Basic training juggling, equilibristics, tightrope.
- Basic training in ballet and dance.
- Self-confidence, very good social graces.
- Very kempt appearance.
- Communication skills and team skills.