Job description - Assist the Executive Chef in directing and supervising the preparation of and service for all food onboard in accordance with the established company's menus and recipes. Assist the Exec. Chef in developing and updating standard corporate recipes to be followed during the preparation of all food items.
- Assists the Executive Chef in implementing and executing food handling and cleaning procedures in accordance with USPH standards. Follows all HACCP procedures as set by company.
- Responsible for quality, quantity, attractiveness and correctness of all food items served as per company's standards.
- Assists the Executive Chef in directing, supervising and training of all employees assigned to the kitchen organization.
- Follows specific guidelines for orientation of all new hires.
- Responsible for the performance, appearance, dress and personal conduct of all assigned employees and reports on these subjects objectively and timely to the Executive Chef.
- Prepares work schedules of all employees in his kitchen organization for approval by the Executive Chef.
- Controls actual hours worked and records and reports these on the appropriate forms to the Executive Chef and other departments as per standards set by the Marine Hotel Department.
- Assists the Executive Chef in preparing objective performance reports for Petty Officers and other employees in the kitchen organization in order to make recommendations for advancement to semi skilled positions.
- Responsible for checking that quantity and quality of items ordered from stores are received and stored in proper condition according to USPH procedures and thereafter used in accordance to standard recipes, reporting any discrepancies to Exec. Chef. Adheres to company par stock levels as set by program.
- Assists Executive Chef with developing and implementing all menu cycles for food service onboard the ship.
- Makes recommendations to Executive Chef for menu changes based on food trends.
- Responsible to implement, execute and supervise proper maintenance and cleaning procedures in all kitchen areas in order to ensure good appearance and condition of these areas.
- Reports any malfunctioning equipment or furnishings in need of repair or refurbishing to the Executive Chef.
- Maintains a high level of productivity, cleanliness and sanitation throughout the entire kitchen operation.
- Responsible for the production and service of safe, wholesome, high quality and attractive food for the passengers and crew.
- Works closely with department heads in passenger service and other areas.
- Closely supervises and inspects his complete area for operation and cleanup after each service period according to USPH procedures, conducts inspections with the Executive Chef of his complete area of responsibility before every American and Canadian port. In turn, conducts the same inspections with his assigned Chef de Parties and Demi Chefs.
- Follows the provided checklist and cleaning schedule in order to accomplish the inspection objectives.
- Works closely with Chef de Parties under his supervision to identify and assign all cleaning responsibilities.
- Practices visible management during all meal hours to ensure an efficient food operation for both passengers and crew.
Adhere to all Marine Hotel Directives.
- Solid previous experience in this role
- Good command of the English language