Shore Excursion Staff
We are currently seeking Shore Excursion Staff to join our team. The position provides personalized customer service, language assistance and translation to our valued passengers, enhancing their understanding and enjoyment of their cruise ship experience.
In addition to other requirements, potential candidates must be able to speak and write in English, Spanish and at least 1 of the following languages: French, Italian, Dutch, German and Russian fluently, and have excellent customer service skills.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Maintains highest level of passenger satisfaction by answering inquiries, offering suggestions, and providing descriptive literature in various languages pertaining to shore excursions, onboard activities, entertainment and other available passenger accommodations.
• Welcomes international guests, serves as a translator when needed in any department, translates documents and announcements, and arranges for a variety of invitations, reports, and letters to be prepared in various languages.
• Assists guests with translating spoken passages, documents, and other material from one language to another. Provides consecutive or simultaneous translation between languages.
• Works closely with the Pursers team in regards to Customs and Immigration during the embarkation and debarkation process.
• Minimum of two (2) years shipboard experience in a Shore Excursions / Guest relations capacity.
• Knowledge of ports and tours is required.
• Sales background is beneficial.
• Excellent public relations and pubic speaking skills.
• Intermediate computer software skills required.
• Ability to read, write and speak English clearly and distinctly.
• All international applicants must have the ability to obtain visas when applicable.
• Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training.