Top cruise line is now searching for Butlers. Butlers take ownership of guest concerns and needs, providing personalize assistance, information, and service to suite guests, including: preparing assigned suites before the voyage; replenishing items in the suite as needed; providing food and beverage services to guests according to established service and style standards; making arrangements for special needs; and responding to guest complaints in a considerate, professional, and positive manner. Two years food and beverage and or housekeeping service experience in an upscale hotel, cruise ship, or resort; and superior conflict-resolution, customer service, interpersonal, and oral communication skills are required for this role.
Essentials Duties and Responsibilities:
* Each housekeeping shipboard employee reports to their assignment on time and properly groomed and dressed according to company policy. This includes a clean uniform and shoes, nametag, and any other uniform related items.
* Ensures assigned suites are prepared before embarkation with all the amenities and informational materials required. Ensures the suites are prepared with all food and beverage menus, service menus, flowers, fruit baskets, etc. Replenishes items as needed throughout the voyage. Provides food and beverage services, afternoon tea and canapés, and suite turndown services during evening hours according to the established standards of service and style.
* Greets and introduces themselves to each suite guest during embarkation. Explains suite amenities and lay out, food and beverage service, dining options, and any other related services. Demonstrates the proper use of the lifejackets, in-room safe, Jacuzzi and any other equipment. May unpack or pack guest’s belongings as needed.
* Provides personalized assistance to guests by following company’s standards of service and style. Maintains knowledge of the ship’s regular events, ports of call and special functions by reviewing all available sources, including the vessel’s daily newsletter, to provide accurate information to answer questions. Makes reservations for various activities and services such as shore excursions, dining, wine, spa, shore excursions, flowers, etc. Follows-up to ensure services
* Responds to guest complaints in a considerate, professional and positive manner by showing concern and listening actively and reports all complaints to Front Office Manager for following up. Takes ownership of guest concerns, by following up and ensuring complaints are resolved to the guest’s satisfaction.
* Makes arrangements for tailor service, tuxedo rental, babysitting, special needs, etc. Follows-up to ensure services are scheduled as specified, i.e., Aqua Spa booking, Shore Excursion booking, Specialty Restaurant reservations
* Liaises with the Concierge regarding folio charges, statements, lost luggage, etc.
* Coordinates the maintenance or repair of the suite with Assistant Chief Housekeeper or other shipboard department as needed.
* Serves all food and beverage orders requested by guests.
* Replenishes fruit baskets on a daily basis and provides afternoon tea and canapés.
* Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
* Responsible to unpack and pack suite guest’s luggage and carries their luggage to the gangway during disembarkation.
* Is aware of, and/or acquires the necessary knowledge to comply with the ship’s standard operation, in order to assist guests and crew members with inquiries.
* Performs related duties as required.
* Two years food and beverage service experience in an upscale hotel, resort or cruise ship.
* Superior customer service, interpersonal, conflict resolution and oral communication skills.
* Ability to communicate tactfully with guests, department heads and shipboard employees to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
* Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred.
* Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
* Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
* Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German preferred.