Junior Payroll Purser
This position is responsible for assisting Administration Purser, Payroll amd Time and Attendance timecards for the accurate recording and process of Adonis shipboard payroll for all owner’s crew, as well as for the Import/Export process of overtime hours, distribution of payroll envelopes to crewmembers and the collection of crew folio balances. This position will assist the Administration Purser, Payroll in the monitoring and compliance of the Time and Attendance card process, and the weekly and monthly timecard.
• Holds a float of $10,000 in order to assist crewmembers with various cash requirements. Responsible for assisting crewmembers with foreign currency exchange using the BOA/GFC (Global Foreign Currency) application
• Assists the Administration Purser, Payroll with Time and Attendance timecard and the collection of bar bills during payroll distribution and throughout the voyage if required
• Collects all ticket deposits as per the Airline Ticket Matrix/Policy, maintains records of all payments and refunds. Collects Travel Package for designated tipping personnel and handles the refund of the Travel Packages
• Settles collected funds on voyage basis with Financial Controller
• Responsible for assisting Administration Purser, Payroll and Time and Attendance timecard for the process of Semi-Monthly payroll for all shipboard departments as well as payments for sign off crewmembers.
Completion of high school or GED required; university degree preferred
• At least two years of direct experience as a Junior Payroll Purser, preferred
• This position must have an understanding of the Safety & Quality management Program, which includes his responsibilities in the Safety Organization according to the Emergency plan and Station Bill
• Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German, preferred
• Working knowledge of computers, Internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety of software packages such as Excel, Word, and Adobe Page Maker or related programs
• All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable
• Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training.
• Cruise ship experience
• Direct Payroll experience
• Ability to speak, read and write multiple languages is a plus.