This position is responsible for the accurate recording and processing of shipboard payroll, and the Import / Export processing of overtime hours. This position will monitor compliance with the Time and Attendance policy, and auditing departments weekly and once per month perform a complete audit of time and attendance data in accordance with SQM. This position supervises and is responsible for the development and training of the Junior Payroll Purser. It is the ultimate goal to enable the Junior Payroll Purser to step up to the position of Payroll Purser, should the opportunity arise.
• Executes the interface of Sign-On/Off information from Property Management System to Payroll System on an as needed basis
• Calculates the payroll for crew signing off the vessel before the end of the payroll cycle
• All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards
• Responsible for auditing employee record count in Property Management System to employee record count in Payroll System to ensure that no crewmember is paid without being active in Property Management System, Payroll System and time and attendance system
• Responsible for collecting monies coming from the sale of money orders and issuance of crew wires and fees associated with both as well as verifying and forwarding crew wire template application to shore side, after receiving the completed forms from the Crew Administrator
• Maintains records of all crew contracts. Ensures the payroll system accurately reflects crew wages and overtime rate information in cooperation with the HR Manager, who is ultimately responsible for the entry of semi-monthly and overtime rates
• Monitoring all additional payments including, but not limited to overtime, bonus payments, commissions, gratuities.
• Completion of high school or basic education equivalency required
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in an upscale, hotel, resort in a similar role
• Prior payroll processing experience; cash handling and accounting experience
• Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests. Additional languages preferred
• System knowledge
• All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable
• Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training
• Possess a strong understanding of numbering flow and Debits/Credits, adjusting entries and corrections.
• Cruise ship experience
• Prior payroll processing experience
• Very strong management skills in a multicultural and dynamic environment.