Youth Staff-Luxury Cruise Ship
Under the direction of the Youth Program Supervisor, the Youth staff is responsible for the supervision of all youth and teen programs as it relates to the Passenger Programs and Entertainment Department.
- As a member of the Cruise Staff, the Youth staffis responsible to assist in leading any of the scheduled social, entertainment or recreational activities, ensuring that each event takes place safely and promptly as scheduled.
Each Youth staff has the specific responsibility to develop, implement and oversee all activities for the youth/teen programs.
- Each new program/activity or any major change to existing programs needs to be submitted for shoreside approval to the Miami Office before implementation. All Youth staff are responsible for assisting in the storage, inventory and ordering of all equipment, supplies, gifts, and prizes which are specifically utilized in the youth/teen program.
- It is the responsibility of the Youth staff to aid on the training of all new Youth/Teen Counselors and seasonal Youth/Teen Coordinators. Each Youth staff must have the ability to serve as an effective Host/Hostess.
- Each Youth staff must have the ability to work as a team member in cooperating with other Cruise Staff members, as well as with other shipboard departments. It is the responsibility of the Youth staff to be accessible and approachable with the guests. He/She must be capable of being a patient listener while making the guests feel at home.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position. Meet & Greet Guests upon embarkation.
- Assist with private parties and functions.
- Assist with any guest requests.
Swipe guest cards at gangway.
Other activities and duties as assigned.
- Experience working with children
- Fluency in English