Assistant Ship Systems Manager
Assists the Ship Systems Manager in maintaining all IT systems and equipment onboard vessel. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Performs daily, voyage, monthly and other computer operations as detailed in Run Books and other documents.
- Supports all shipboard users to keep workstations in working condition, including PC workstations, Point Of Sale terminals, cabling systems, servers and related hardware. User requests must be responded to promptly during normal working hours and extended hours may be required as needed for mission critical systems support.
- Takes direction from Systems Manager as to division of responsibilities and assignments.
- Provides users basic training support in use of common PC software and specialized Property Management Systems.
- Follow directives of onboard management to adhere to all behavioral, safety and other rules for crew members and keep onboard management informed of any IT issues and policies that affect shipboard operations in their areas of responsibility.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
General support of systems and procedural activities in all departments onboard the vessel.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Reports directly to the Systems Manager for work related issues. Reports to the Staff Captain for ship rules and other ship specific issues. Works closely with Ship Systems Manager, Manager of Ship Systems and IT Technical Support Department personnel at corporate office as well to maintain hardware, cabling systems, networks, software and other technical issues.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND ATTRIBUTES
- Must have some formal training in related IT hardware and software.
- A minimum of one years of practical experience dealing with IT systems with direct contact with application users, operation experience and systems administration.
- Must be able to do troubleshooting & repair of pc/printer hardware.
Associate Degree in Computer Science and/or related field from an accredited college or university and/or equivalent experience.
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.