Mission: To support the overall Princess Cruises Beverage Program, with a specific emphasis on improving wine knowledge and sales techniques for all
Beverage service employees. The sommelier will be considered a support function for wine/beverage training assisting in sales/revenue generation,
monitoring beverage performance and being the spokesperson for the Princess Cruises Wine Program.
Time Utilization - Key Result Areas
1. Wine/Beverage Training Programs 35%
2. Wine Sales Support Functions 30%
3. Wine/Beverage Sales Analysis 15%
4. Wine Program Operations 10%
5. Wine Presentations 5%
6. Dining Services Support 3%
7. Miscellaneous 2%
• Preferably a minimum certificate in Hotel/Hospitality management or Sommelier. In lieu thereof a minimum of three years experience in a supervisory/management roll in an upscale restaurant/bar operation.
• Has held positions that required training skills.
• Comprehensive knowledge of all bar and wine products offered onboard the vessel and their preparation and presentation.
• Strong training abilities.
• Promotes good inter-departmental relations whilst contributing to a professional and efficient departmental reputation through effective communication.
• Uses English as the language of communication in passenger and crew areas whilst on duty.