Chief Pastry Chef
- Ensures that each Chef de Partie, Demi Chef de Partie and Commis understands his/her duty. This includes training on recipes, preparation and presentation of pastry products. Active participation in preparation duties which should be in balance with supervisory duties.
- Ensures that ample food supplies are ordered and received for the next day's preparation and that all goods are correctly stored and economically used.
- Ensures to follow standardized fleet pastry menu cycle, teatime and theme buffet set-ups.
- Ensures that all guest special requests are executed in a timely manner.
- Ensures that proper utilization of food leftovers is in place.
- Ensures that yield and portion control measurements are in place as per company standards
- Supervises that waste control, low grocery breakage and garbage separation is in hand.
- Ensures to keep all equipment clean, orderly and well maintained; used as per manufacturer manual and with possible defects reported.
- Assists the training of Galley personnel on USPH requirements concerning food handling, storage, and proper cleaning and personal hygiene.
- Knowledge of cruise ship catering operation.
- Knowledge of food preparation, presentation and preservation.
- Basic knowledge of Public Health and Sanitation regulations and procedures.
- Formal degree in food management from a recognized International culinary institution.
- Proof of continuing education translated in certificates or letter of participation in specialized courses.
- Ability to train and motivate subordinates.
- Ability to innovate and foster creativity.
- Ability to organize and complete work in accordance to deadlines.
- Experience in quality establishments and good knowledge of English are essential.
PLEASE REPLY IN ENGLISH, ENCLOSING YOUR CV AND A RECENT PHOTO.