A very prestigious cruise line is currently auditioning dance bands to perform on their beautiful fleet of ships that sail the world!
You’ll be there to get our guests up and dancing and contribute to revenue through drink sales. We’re looking for people people who like to put on a great performance night after night, take requests and who are professional and responsible on and off the bandstand.
We offer competitive pay and some other great benefits like medical and dental coverage, cruise discounts for family and friends and continuing education assistance. Room and board and travel to and from the gig are all provided. This is a great opportunity to earn a steady paycheck, save up some money (if you want to of course) and travel to exciting destinations!
Interested in joining the cruise line music team? Apply today by submitting demo material of your group, 15-20 minutes of live video of the above genres, performance resumes of all group members, and a complete song list. The musicians submitted in promo materials, including video, must be those that would be headed out to perform for us.
The official job description follows to keep HR happy.
1. Play music for dancing or listening as directed by Band Leader
2. Perform special material as directed by Band Leader
3. Rehearse new music as director by Band Leader
Note: Other duties as assigned included and not limited to Health, Environmental, Safety and Security responsibilities.
Ideal instrumentation is piano, guitar, drums and bass with at least one member singing however we are open to other line-ups as long as not tracked and no more than 4 members. Your group needs to have a wide variety of danceable repertoire from traditional ballroom (cha cha, rumba, tango, standards) to pop music from the 50s – 80s and beyond.
- Musically talented performers with a vast music repertoire
- A commanding stage presence
- Strong social skills with an interest in getting to know the audience
- Professional appearance and conduct both on and off the stage
- Command of the English language
- Ability to perform safety functions and meet medical requirements