Commis de Cuisine
Reporting: The Commis de Cuisine reports to the Chef and Sous Chef.
This position is mainly responsible for complete hot galley preparation like Breakfast, Vegetables, Fish, Saucier or Grill presentation and service to the guests. This will include both Day Lounge buffet service as well as Dining Room menu service. Also at the complete of breakfast service each day, this position will contribute and be involved with other guests food preparation and service as is required for lunch and dinner service.
Required to be involved with general cleaning of the galley, provision loading, help and support any area of the galley as needed, required and specified by the chef and/or other hotel/galley management.
Practicing and following strict sanitation procedures and requirements, food handling procedures as set by FleetPro Vessel Sanitation Program based on USPH/CDC guidelines.
All galley crew members are required to be in their assigned positions and productively working at the specific times set by the chef, that are conducive with the galley operation and general meal service.
All galley crew members are expected to help and support any other area of the galley operations as required and/or instructed by the chef or other vessel management.
All crew members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional productive manner at all times, while working well with all other crew members to promote a ‘Team Environment’.
All crew members are expected to adhere to the company’s uniform and personal hygiene standards.
Specific duties and requirements include, however are not limited to:
- Timely planning, preparation and service of all breakfast cookery for the Day Lounge buffet, as well as required for dining room menu service.
- Physically work the line for breakfast service as required.
- Proper hot holding of all guests’ food items for dining menu service and Day Lounge buffet service.
- Monitoring of all guest food items, as to help control and limit the waste and over preparation.
- Proper utilization and storage of all guests’ food items that are left after service daily.
- After and during guest service each day to be assigned additional duties and responsibilities by the chef for other guests food preparation for lunch and dinner service, as well as any other special service to the guest.
- Participate in guest’s lunch, dinner and other services, as required and requested by the chef.
- Other areas of duties may include, but not limited the daily preparation and presentation of; the daily pasta and vegetarian entrée, vegetable and potato preparation.
- This position will also contribute to the written galley controls, to include the ‘Food Temperature Log’.
- Job position duties and requirements are not inclusive and may be adjusted and/or added to at any time by the management.
Duty hours as per contract
- Previous experience in this role at a fine restaurant / hotel / resort / passenger vessel
- Fluency in English
- Fabulous customer service skills
The following courses and/or certificates are mandatory: