Assistant Chef de Partie
Reporting: The Assistant Chef de Partie reports to the Chef de Partie, Sous Chef and Chef.
This position is responsible for which ever area he/she is assigned to, for the timely planning and preparation of all guests’ food for all meal services, breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea times, cocktail hour and appetizers, etc.
Required to be involved with general cleaning of the galley, provision loading, help and support any area of the galley as needed, required and specified by the chef and/or other hotel/galley management.
Practicing and following strict sanitation procedures and requirements, food handling procedures as set by FleetPro Ocean Vessel Sanitation Program based on USPH/CDC guidelines.
All galley crew members are required to be in their assigned positions and productively working at the specific times set by the chef that are conducive with the galley operation and general meal service.
All galley crew members are expected to help and support any other area of the galley operations as required and/or instructed by the Chef or other vessel management.
All crew members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional productive manner at all times, while working well with all other crew members to promote a ‘Team Environment’.
All crew members are expected to adhere to the company’s uniform and personal hygiene standards.
Specific duties and requirements include, however are not limited to:
- Mainly responsible for the preparation and timely service of the majority of all hot and cold food that is presented and served to the guests.
- Includes cold and hot plates, salads, display trays, canapé and appetizer preparation and presentation, dressings, condiments, vegetables and sauces as well as sautéed and grilled food preparations.
- Timely planning and requisitioning of all products needed for general service.
- Monitoring of all products produced to help to control the amount of waste and usage.
- Proper storage of all food items, including labeling and proper rotation of all food items.
- Responsible for the cleanliness, sanitation and organization of the entire pantry area including the ‘pantry walk-in’ area.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintenance of the ‘Hot and Cold Food Temperature Log’s.
- Instructing the ‘Utility to be the assistant in all aspects of the position.
- Consistently produce and deliver the highest quality of food product to the guests at all times.
- Job position duties and requirements are not inclusive and may be adjusted and/or added to at any time by the management.
Duty hours as per contract.
- Previous experience in this role at a fine restaurant / hotel / resort / passenger vessel
- Fluency in English
- Fabulous customer service skills
The following courses and/or certificates are mandatory: