International Host/ess-Fluent Japanese-English
It is of paramount importance to us that our guests have a magnificent experience whilst on board our ships. To ensure the highest level of service is delivered to our international guests it is essential that you are fluent in Japanese and English. This is a highly visible role that will involve translating verbal announcements and written documentation, arranging and/or assisting in events and tours, assisting the Social Host/ess in a varied range of guest based events and leisure opportunities, and acting as a specialist point of contact for the international guests.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for one of the world’s leading Cruise brands. Life on board involves working 10 hours a day, 7 days a week for the 4 months that you are on board. Your ten hours will be split between morning, afternoon and evening activities.
To be considered a suitable applicant for this role you must have the following core knowledge and skills:
- Fluent in Japanese and English languages with experience translating verbal and written communication
- Previous hosting/liaising experience, preferably on board ships or in a leisure, tourism and hospitality based environment
- Excellent communication skills
- A friendly, outgoing and confident personality
- Excellent administration/IT skills