As a Wine Waiter you will serve passengers and/or crew members and provide a professional bar service at all times. You will be enhancing both the passenger and crew experience, whilst fully adhering to company service standards. You will:
- Serve wine and beverages to passengers, officers and crew complying fully with the Responsible Service of Alcohol policies and procedures, informing the Chief Sommelier when a passenger has consumed excessive alcohol.
- Confidently and professionally engage with passengers providing information and answering wine questions.
- Actively generate wine sales and cash profit by promoting set promotions and consulting on fine wine selection including how to pair wine with food.
- Increase cash profit generating opportunities and work to exceed targets.
- Assist the Chief Sommelier with wine talks, tasting sessions and presentations for passengers.
- Prepare pre-orders of wine and ensure they are on the tables in preparation for the service period.
You will also be expected to follow all working and cleaning routines and rotas and ensure the appearance and condition of all items including glasses, equipment and bottles meet the required standards. You will be expected to keep the outlet neat and tidy at all times, and set up and clear down the area prior to and after service periods as well as carrying out duties at outside catering events as and when required.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for one of the world’s leading Cruise brands. Life on board involves working 10 hours a day, 7 days a week for the time that you are on board. Your ten hours will be split between morning, afternoon and evening responsibilities.
To be considered a suitable applicant for this role you will possess:
- WSET Level 2 in Wines and Spirits / recognised Wine qualification or equivalent preferred or relevant industry experience
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety or equivalent
- Previous sommelier experience desirable
- Good command of written and spoken English