As a market leader in the cruise industry, we operate spectacular ships all over the world. Join us as a Buffet Steward and you’ll discover that working at sea is more than just a job; it’s a way of life. As a Buffet Steward you will provide excellent customer service to guests within our wonderful restaurants onboard.
As a Buffet Steward onboard our spectacular cruise ships, your primary responsibility will be to:
- Keep the restaurant and buffet tables clean and maintain the overall look of the restaurant to the high expected standards.
- Clear tables after service and ensure they are clean in time for the next guests’ service.
- Ensure all cutlery, cups and glasses are restocked and there is enough available throughout the service, informing the Head Waiter of any items or fixtures that need renewal.
- Take dirty dishes and trays to the galley, keeping the restaurant clear of debris.
- Take passenger room service food orders over the phone.
- Deliver and collect room service orders to and from guest cabins, in a timely manner.
- Engage with the passengers in a friendly and polite manner, responding to requests appropriately.
- Keep service areas clean and tidy at all times and follow restaurant cleaning schedules.
- Additional responsibilities will also involve assisting with the meet and greet of the passengers on embarkation / disembarkation days.
Our Buffet Stewards are an integral part of keeping our restaurants running smoothly. Our existing onboard crew are passionate about delivering exceptional service to customers and continually look to make improvements to service. They take pride in their work and work effectively as part of a team. They are calm under pressure and adaptable in the face of change. In this role, it is important to be organised, structured and focused on detail. New members to our teams will be required to possess all these skills and more.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for one of the world’s leading Cruise brands. Life on board involves working 10 hours a day, 7 days a week for the time that you are on board. Your ten hours will be split between morning, afternoon and evening activities. Apply today to be considered.
To be considered for this role, you must possess as a minimum the following skills and work experience:
- Experience working as waiting staff within a high end restaurant. Preferably within a 4/5* hotel restaurant
- A good command of written and spoken English
- Proven experience delivering exceptional customer service
- Successful applicants will be expected to join our ships in the near future, therefore must hold an in date, valid passport