Assistant Bars Manager
As an Assistant Bars Manager you will be responsible for supporting the overall day to day management of the bar services department. This will include deputising for the Bars Manager, as and when required. Ensuring all working and cleaning routines and rotas are followed and the appearance and condition of all items including glasses, equipment and bottles meet the required standards. You will be required to actively generate bar profits, understanding our passenger profile of each cruise and organising promotions to increase cash profit generating opportunities, whilst enhancing our passenger experience. Your duties will also include monitoring and controlling operating costs, ILO’s, bar products and resources within area, informing the Bars Manager of any issues or concerns. Maintaining bar stock levels and manage replacements for breakages or damaged items/equipment within budget.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for one of the world’s leading Cruise brands. Life on board involves working 10 hours a day, 7 days a week for the time that you are on board. Your ten hours will be split between morning, afternoon and evening activities.
To be considered a suitable applicant for this role you will possess:
- Experience of working within a 4 / 5 star volume hotel or restaurant establishment
- WSET Level 3 in Wines and Spirits or NVQ II/III in Beverage Service or diploma / degree in Hotel / Hospitality Management or equivalent preferred or relevant industry experience
- A Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering is desirable
- Working knowledge of budgets and cost profit within a bar services environment
- Experience of supervising staff within a service environment desirable
- Good command of written and spoken English