Assistant Manager Production (Lights)
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our Production team in the role of Assistant Manager Production, specialising in the operation of lighting. Working on our impressive production shows you will be responsible for providing the technical management & lighting programming, operation and design for other large shows, cabarets, bands, various musical programmes and much more.
Operating some of the industries newest equipment with large lighting rigs that surpass most of today’s UK theatres and touring shows, you will have exposure to some excellent modern equipment by manufacturers such as ROBE, Vari*Lite and Martin.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a complete life style change. Life on board does mean working 10 hours a day, 7 days a week for the 6 months that you are onboard. The ten hours will be split between morning set up, afternoon rehearsals & evening shows. Therefore you will have time off in the day and also opportunities to go shore side when in port and take local leave in far away destinations.
To be considered for this position you must have:
- Good knowledge of H&S requirements within stage production
- An understanding of different types of entertainment and how they can be technically supported
- Experience in operating various Audio/Visual systems and media servers using Windows and/or MAC OS
- Experience operating large desks including (but not limited to) GrandMA2 / High End / Chamsys.
- To remain calm under pressure, taking a logical approach to problem solving
- High levels of stamina and resilience due to working hours and production demands
- Experience working within large venues, ideally in a live theatre environment