Luxury Sales via Fine Art Auctions- Japanese Speakers Wanted
Are you eager for a unique opportunity? Are you fluent in Japanese? Travel the World and train to be an Art Dealer with the world's leading art supplier for cruise ships!
The company is one of the largest privately-owned art galleries in the world, seeking an Art Sales Representative to sell artwork and train to be an Art Dealer onboard Luxury Cruise Ships sailing exciting ports such as Shanghai, Tokyo, Kobe, Singapore, and Busan. If you are an experienced Professional who loves the challenge of a new business market, this is an exciting career opportunity for you!
The company operates shipboard galleries onboard cruise ships around the world with 8 different lines including Princess, Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Holland America, Azamara, Celebrity, Norwegian Cruise Line, and P&O. This unusual but exciting opportunity provides the chance to live and work on a cruise ship for about 6 months at a time, traveling throughout Asia. We hire internationally and are looking for people that are charismatic, friendly, and looking for an opportunity to travel the world.
Candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds will be considered!
The company provides the training you need – No formal background required!
As an Art Sales Representative, you will find that each day is a new and exciting challenge. Everything you do will be part of a broader team effort led by a Principle Auctioneer. As you train to become an Art Dealer/Auctioneer, you will engage in one-on-one discussions with potential clients, arrange seminars, and coordinate VIP parties to market our onboard gallery.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with auction preparations, including artwork curation and room setup
- Devising and executing marketing strategies
- Developing and maintaining a promotional mindset
- Setting up displays in high-traffic areas to market our onboard gallery
- Engaging in consultative conversations with guests and generating interest
- Educating guests about artwork, determining level of interest, and developing leads
- Creating invoices for our clients via computer
- Making payment and shipping arrangements
- Working the front desk at our gallery or displays
- Presenting a professional demeanor and appearance at all times
As a Sales Consultant, you must be highly motivated, personable, and eager to learn and grow professionally. Qualified candidates enjoy traveling, experiencing other cultures, and taking on increased levels of responsibility. You must be able to interact effectively and develop rapport with a diverse variety of people.
Other requirements of the role include:
· Strong public speaking and communication skills
· Fluency in Japanese
· Ability to work six months consecutively on a luxury cruise ship
· Flexibility and adaptability in a constantly changing work environment
· Ability to establish trust and credibility with guests
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and exciting environment
· Marketing, sales, public relations, or related experience, a plus
· Art history background, a plus
Embark on a Fun and Exhilarating career path!