We are currently searching for an Executive Chef to join our team. This position will deliver our specific cruise line culinary experience to guests in accordance with the service and style that our Food and Beverage department strives to achieve daily. With a brigade of over 100 staff working in our high volume operation, the Executive Chef is responsible for providing each of our guests with an exceptional culinary experience. Potential employees must have at least five years of related Chef Experience in a five star resort, hotel or cruise ship.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Administering the entire galley department, generating and revising all required reports.
• Ensuring that food quality and portion control are always in line with company's specifications.
• Spot Checking food requisitions for the various cooking stations.
• Performing random food tasting to ensure quality standards are met.
• Ensuring the food preparation is done according to the Recipe Book and Sanitation guidelines.
• Setting up and maintaining a training program for all galley staff.
• Conducting daily tours of provision area ensuring that correct storing procedures are met.
• Maintaining the cleanliness of all food preparation areas and conducting simulated sanitation inspections.
• Directing, coaching, supporting, supervising and evaluating the performance of direct reports.
• Culinary Degree required.
• Minimum of five years experience as an Executive Chef in an upscale hotel, resort or cruise ship.
• Strong management skills in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
• Very strong communication, problem solving, decision making, and interpersonal skills.
• Superior customer service, teambuilding, and conflict resolution skills.
• Ability to read, write, and speak English clearly and distinctly.
• Ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training.
• All international applicants must have the ability to obtain Visas.