Chef - Pastry and Bakery
Mainstream cruise line currently requires Chef - Pastry & Bakery to join our team! The position assists the Executive Chef in the supervision of the Pastry/Bakery operation on a day-to-day basis in accordance with the company policies.
In addition to other requirements, potential candidates should have a minimum of two years experience as a First Pastryman or Pastry Chef in an upscale hotel, resort, cruise ship or convention banqueting service. The incumbent will receive on the job training in the various tasks involved in the pantry production.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Directs, coaches, supports, supervises and evaluates (in conjunction with the Executive Chef) the performance of all direct reports and accountable to train the 1st Pastry Cook and all employees assigned to his section.
• Participates in the daily Executive Chef / Chef meeting and prepares the daily preparation forecast and requisitions.
• Keeps the Executive Chef informed of any problems or daily needs.
• Responsible for pastry shop food cost, ensuring it falls meets the ship's budget.
• Minimum of 2 experience as a First Pastryman or Pastry Chef in an upscale hotel, resort, cruise ship or convention banqueting service (shipboard experience preferred).
• Culinary School degree required.
• Very strong management skills in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
• Very strong communication, problem solving, decision making, and interpersonal skills.
• Superior customer service, teambuilding and conflict resolution skills.
• Intermediate computer software skills required.
• Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
• All international applicants must have the ability to obtain visas when applicable.
• Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training.