Primary Objective of the Position - To ensure guests satisfaction by assisting the Pastry Chef with the preparation of high quality desserts and pastry products, consistently and effectively reflecting the luxurious nature of Regent Seven Seas Cruises.
Key Performance Indicators
• Guest satisfaction measured by Guests comment cards in regards to Pastry production,
• Full compliance with USPH regulations,
• Achieving pre determined food cost,
• True ambassador of Regent Seven Seas Cruises and Service Anchors.
Areas of Accountability
To provide the guests with the highest quality of desserts and pastries by:
- Assisting the Pastry Chef with the production of all pastry items, ensuring the right quantity and the highest standards of quality, following recipes and presentation as per Regent Seven Seas Cruises guidelines,
- Effectively dealing with any operational issues that may arise ensuring standards are not affected,
- Setting up the dessert and pastry Buffets, as per Pastry Chef request, focusing on appearance, presentation, portion and Hygiene,
- Minimizing food waste by properly storing unused foods,
- Assisting in other stations, sections or outlets if requested by supervisor,
- Reflecting Regent Seven Seas Cruises values – Service Anchors at all times.
To ensure full compliance with USPH regulations by:
- Guaranteeing safety, hygiene and sanitation practices are present at all times, safe storing of raw materials, maintaining cleanliness of all areas, etc,
- Receiving items and ensuring proper storage until needed,
- Assuring the adherence to USPH guidelines in terms of food quality, preparation recipes, presentation at all times,
- Maintaining all station’s equipment: in safe working condition;
- Ensures that a daily log is maintained of refrigerator temperatures. Reports discrepancies to appropriate persons,
- Ensures that the ice machines are sanitized and logged weekly
- Ensures Equipment is in good order reporting to the supervisor any repairs required,
- Cleans Galley and Pantries.
To assist with loading and off loading of luggage and provisions if requested.
- To keep supervisor promptly and fully informed of all relevant matters,
- To ensure confidentiality when handling sensitive information,
- To achieve the primary objectives of the position and comply with the above mentioned accountabilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with Regent Seven Seas Cruises policies,
- To project a favorable image of Regent Seven Seas Cruises, to promote its aims and objectives and foster and enhance public recognition and acceptance of all its areas and endeavor,
- To act and promote Regent Seven Seas Cruises values – Service Anchors.