Shore Excursions Staff
Shore Excursions Staff promotes, explains and sells shore excursion tours and packages to gusts onboard the vessels by performing the below essential duties and responsibilities.
• Provides guest services with regard to tour sales, refunds, complaints, and general port and ship information.
• May conduct scheduled tour presentations to guest audiences. Participates in maintaining shipboard shore excursion video. May rewrite scripts or work with Broadcast Technician to shoot footage as needed.
• Works the assigned Shore Excursion shifts on the sales desk, the pier, lounges or other venues as directed by the Explorations! Manager and operates computer sales terminals.
• Coordinates tender operations when required with other Marine or Hotel departments.
• Minimum 6 months experience in a customer contact related position with working
• Knowledge of ports-of-call and associated tours preferred
• Ability to conduct tour presentations to large groups of guests.
• Ability to sell, up-sell and cross-sell tour products and services.
• Knowledge of customer service techniques preferred.
• Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, or German preferred. Other languages are acceptable including Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Korean, and Norwegian, however one language should be Spanish, French. Italian, Portuguese or German
• Working knowledge of computers, Internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety software of packages such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.