As our Executive Chef, you will be responsible of our exciting, multi units, high-volume shipboard culinary operation and oversee its multicultural world-class team. You will be responsible for managing the culinary activities of our state of the art kitchens while executing diverse international cuisines. In addition, you will have the opportunity to travel the world while working for a top global employer of choice.
• Oversight and execution of the entire culinary operation onboard, delivering diverse quality of cuisines, creating a superb dining experience to all guests
• Is accountable for the achievement of company budgetary guidelines regarding food cost and inventory levels
• Collaborates with the Food & Beverage Manager to forecast and manage menu requirements, consumption and inventory
• Manage and train large culinary staff to ensure performance standards are met on a consistent basis as per Company guidelines.
• Completion of associate degree, Bachelor or equivalent from an accredited culinary or hospitality school
• Minimum of five years’ experience as Executive Chef in a multi outlets upscale hotel, resort, cruise ship or convention banqueting service
• Accountable for the financial performance of the food production areas, including the successful identification of expense reduction through cost control, proper forecasting and best practices maintaining quality and standards
• Ability to speak, read and write English clearly and distinctly with guests and employees
• Enforce HACCP procedures for sanitation and cleanliness in all food production areas
• All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable
• Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training
• Ability to work with inventory related software (crunch time, etc)
• Ability to speak, read and write multiple languages is a plus
• Cruise ship experience and USPH knowledge