Bar Utility assist bartenders throughout their shift. Responsibilities include:
- Supporting bar operations, ensuring all bar venues are well stocked with alcohol and mixers, clean glasses, ice, and garnishes;
- Maintaining cleanliness of all bar areas and following proper washing and sanitation of glasses, utensils, pantries, floors, equipment, etc.;
- Washing worktables, walls, refrigerators, equipment and all related surfaces and counters;
- Sweeping and mopping floors;
- Utilizing proper USPH sanitation procedures at all times;
- Ensuring an adequate supply of glassware is on hand at all times;
- Retrieving bar supplies from central location and restocking as needed; and acting in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Participating in all safety training sessions and drills
* Maintains the cleanliness of the bar work areas and follows proper washing and sanitation of glasses, work areas, utensils, pantries, floors, equipment, etc. Washes worktables, walls, refrigerators, equipment and all related surfaces and counters. Sweeps and mops floor.
* Segregates and removes trash and garbage and places it in designated containers. Steam cleans or hoses out garbage cans.
* proper racks or on conveyor to dishwashing machine. Operates washing machine according to instructions. Inspects glasses for cracks, chips and removes them from circulation. Returns clean glasses to their appropriate places according to handling procedures.
* Ensures an adequate supply of glassware is on hand at all times. Retrieves glassware from central location and restocks as needed.
* Keeps ice bins stocked at all times. Retrieves ice from central location and restocks as needed.
* Collects and transports a variety of supplies between storage and work areas. Places items in the appropriate location in the bar.
* Ensures dry snack bowls are filled at all times.
* Participates with the bar staff in all activities required in opening and/or closing the bar.
* On boarding days, loads shipments from vendors onboard the vessel to storage area and then to assigned bar.
* Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
* Able to accurately complete transfer documentation.
* Utilizes proper USPH procedures at all times.
* Performs related duties as required. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
* Completion of basic education equivalency required.
* Previous utility or cleaning experience in a 4 or 5 star restaurant, hotel, lounge, cruise ship etc. preferred.
* Ability to work independently and assess bar needs for restocking.
Ability to identify bar glassware and bar supplies. Basic knowledge of bar equipment (blenders, flash blenders, ice machines).
* Ability to collect and transport supplies from various locations throughout the vessel.
* Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
* All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable.
* Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training.
- Minimum 20 years of age
- Ability to work in a team withing multinational environment
- Good command of the English language
- Ability to obtain C1/D or other applicable visas
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and take a proactive and strategic approach to dealing with challenges/issues
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.