Recruiters: Login Create an account Job seekers: Login Create an account
Cafe Attendants provide food service to guests in various venues of the ship. Responsibilities include:
- Interacting with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or being in the presence of guest contact and crew areas;
- Greeting guests; ensuring friendly, professional, and accurate service to guests during their meals;
- Presenting both food and beverage menus to guests;
- Suggesting menu options and appropriate beverages to entice guests;
- Becoming familiar with menu descriptions and beverage lists in order to discuss items appropriately with guests; and conduct oneself in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
- Cafe attendants follow USPH and HACCP guidelines, environmental, and work place safety policies and procedures.
- Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various food and beverage service venues throughout the ship.
- Participating in all safety training sessions and drills
* Presents both food and beverage menus to guests; suggests menu options, appropriate beverages, and answers questions regarding menu, per Gold Anchor Standards. Makes recommendations to entice guests while meeting management goals to reduce particular inventory stock.
* Relays order to galley as required and serves courses from galley and beverages from various locations.
* Garnishes and decorates dishes as required prior to serving.
* Enters food and beverage orders in the point-of-sale system.
* Maintains assigned station, including table pieces, and chairs in a clean and orderly manner.
* Observes guests to anticipate their needs and responds to any additional requests and to determine when the food and beverage service has been completed.
* Carries dirty dishes from respective dining rooms to kitchen/galley. Wipes table tops and chairs with damp cloth. Replaces soiled table linens and sets tables with silverware and glassware.
* Maintains cleanliness and appearance of their working area in accordance with all USPH and company standards.
* Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
* Performs related duties as required. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Previous experience in this role at a restaurant / hotel / resort / cruise ship
- Minimum 20 years of age
- Ability to work in a team withing multinational environment
- Good command of the English language
- Ability to obtain C1/D or other applicable visas
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and take a proactive and strategic approach to dealing with challenges/issues
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
* Completion of basic education equivalency required.
* Two year food and/or beverage service experience, preferably in a 4 or 5 star restaurant. Banquet experience preferred.
* Ability to distinguish soft drink varieties.
* Knowledge of basic buffet food items.
* Ability to apply customer service skills, according to Royal Caribbean International’s Gold Anchor Standards, when interacting with guests and coworkers.
* Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests. Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German preferred.
* All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable.
* Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training.