Snack Attendants provide friendly and professional service to the guests in the buffet service area. Responsibilities and essential duties include:
* Each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crewmember areas.
* Will be assigned a station in the buffet restaurant and will be required to promptly replenish the food and beverages in the buffet line.
* Reports for duty at assigned times and follows his/her supervisor’s instructions according to the company’s rules and regulations.
* Duties include the cleaning of assigned working area following at all times the United States Public Health rules and regulations.
* Provides assistance with the transporting of the necessary stock from the main storeroom to the buffet area.
* Participates in a training program in order to develop his/her skills in order to be considered for future promotions.
* Is aware of, and/or acquires the necessary knowledge to comply with the ship’s standard operation, in order to assist guests and crewmembers with inquiries.
* Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
* Performs related duties as required. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their
supervisor or management.
- Interacting with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or being in the presence of guest contact and crew areas
- Work an assigned station in the buffet restaurant, promptly replenish the food and beverages in the buffet line, and conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Snack attendants follow company standards, USPH and HACCP guidelines, environmental, and work place safety policies and procedures.
- Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various food and beverage service venues throughout the ship.
- Participating in all safety training sessions and drills
* Completion of basic education equivalency required.
* Minimum of three years food and beverage experience in an upscale hotel, resort or cruise ship (shipboard experience preferred).
* Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements and use of equipment.
* Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests. Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German preferred.
* All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable.
* Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training.
- Entry level position
- Minimum 20 years of age
- Ability to work in a team withing multinational environment
- Good command of the English language
- Ability to obtain C1/D or other applicable visas
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and take a proactive and strategic approach to dealing with challenges/issues
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.