Department: Cruise Programs; Description: The Stage Technician is responsible for the operations backstage during shows. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Responsible for cleaning and maintaining tidiness of the backstage area’s including workshops and assisting with under stage cleaning.
- Clean the stage floor on a daily basis with hot water.
- Assist with all scenic changeovers and ensures they are completed in a safe and timely manner.
- Remain vigilant and alert at all times during rehearsals, shows, set up etc to ensure maximum safety for all involved especially when Automation movement is taking place.
- Move items around the stage as directed during productions.
- Whilst performing duties during a production show may be required to dress in costume to execute the duties.
- Performs preventive maintenance on scenery with the help of the Technical staff.
- Assist other technicians as and when required.
- Must keep up to date records of all shows and changes to backstage tracks.
- Carry out weekly inspections of electrical cabling for scenic items and report any defects to the Technical Supervisor.
- Carry out basic repairs and touch ups to scenery as needed and report to Technical Supervisor as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining the overall look and quality of scenic items and personal props.
- Report any scenic damage immediately to Technical Supervisor
- Carry out other basic duties and assist around the vessel as needed.
- Performs all duties as required by the all day duty rotation.
- On completion of the contract must provide detailed and accurate handover notes to Technical Supervisor
- Ensure backstage area’s operate in a safe and efficient manner, and that all items are secure for rough sea’s at all times.
- Ensure warning signs are posted on all entrances and exits to stage during scenic changeovers and maintenance.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position and carry out safety duties as designated by ships safety officer.
Other position responsibilities are to be announced upon hire.
- Has a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must have a working knowledge of safe stage rigging practices.
- A basic working Knowledge of Audio, Lighting systems.
- Knowledge of semi automated consoles and automated consoles and advantage
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to adapt to confined and sometimes limited living conditions for extended periods of time. In addition must be flexible in terms of last minute changes in itineraries, activities and events.
- Minimum of four years experience in Technical Theatre or two years in a ship environment.
- Two years in Musical theater background an advantage
This job has expired, so you are not able to apply for it