As the Head Waiter/Waitress, you will have an important role in ensuring total guest satisfaction with our exceptional cuisine and service throughout our dining areas onboard the ship. You will assist the Restaurant Manager with the supervision of our wonderful restaurant staff.
• Responsible and accountable for all dining areas throughout the day
• Directs, coaches, supports, supervises and evaluates the performance of all direct reports in conjunction with the Restaurant Manager, in addition to ensuring restaurant staff follow company policies at all times regarding uniforms, personal appearance and hygiene
• Interacts with guests on a daily basis to ensure satisfaction and assists the Restaurant Manager with any guest demands
• Minimum of five years hospitality management experience (shipboard experience preferred), or an equivalent combination of experience and education
• Possess a good understanding of basic accounting principles such as numbering flow, "Debits/Credits," and adjusting entries and corrections
• Knowledge of the principles and processes for providing personalized services including needs assessment techniques, quality service standards, alternative delivery systems, and guest satisfaction evaluation techniques.
• Strong communication, problem solving, decision making, interpersonal and overall management skills in a multicultural and dynamic environment
• Superior customer service, team building and conflict resolution skills
• Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests. Ability to speak additional languages preferred
• Working knowledge of computers, internet, and the ability to navigate within a variety of software packages
• All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable
• Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training
• Bachelor's degree in hospitality management, business administration or related field or the international equivalent
• Knowledge of wines and wine service
• Experience training restaurant personnel