Recruiters: Login Create an account Job seekers: Login Create an account
Photo - Photographer
Photographers needed to travel the world! Allow us to pay you for traveling the world and creating beautiful images! Cruise ship photographers earn their living by traveling all around the globe and photographing guests on their vacation of a lifetime. But this job isn’t just about the exotic countries you get to visit, it’s also about the people you meet along the way. As a crew member on a ship you’ll have the opportunity to make friends from six different continents.
Our staff come to us from over 90 different countries, creating a truly unique working environment. If you are passionate about photography, enjoy diverse working environments, and are eager to travel the world then a career as cruise ship photographer will not only provide you this experience, but allow you to save money while doing so!
* To drive and maximize image roll counts at all photo events and photo operations by following the Photo Managers lead on decisive action.
* To drive and motivate the team to increased positive and beneficial production levels by way of photographing high quality and quantity images.
* Make use of all available tools to ensure image quality (E.g. props, backdrops, lighting, rails, mascots etc.)
* Coordinate photo team efforts at events and to lead or learn by example. The incumbent must proactively learn and excel at the given duties.
* Implement the practice of regular photo critiquing and training with photo staff by sitting regularly with the Lab Manager and Photo Manger.
* Maintain security over all data (media cards etc), lab and gallery areas. Must be very attentive in securing digital media containing images.
* Liaise with Photo Gallery Manager to maintain adequate stock (par) levels for both the lab and photo gallery by scheduled and regular re-stocking.
* Organizing gallery sales & display areas. Effective handling of guest queries and concerns and handling of customer service.
* Must be competent at photo studio setups and breakdown by working with the photo team and learning all safety aspects related to this.
* Must coordinate with the team in effective imaging quality control, production levels and sales to achieve budgeted goals.
* Liaising with and covering Inter-departmental onboard activities, requests and cross-promotions.
* Oversee borders and artwork control maintaining brand compliance.
* Provide support to Lab (Technical) and Gallery (Sales) operations by running from the two when necessary.
* Provide support to all departmental staff where assistance is needed and reflect a can do approach when asked.
* Provide diplomatic resolutions to guest, staff and onboard management queries or concerns whenever necessary.
* Promote the photo department through use of onboard functions (VIP, Latitudes, Photo Talks) and by way of guest relations whenever in public areas.
* Cover all photo events as are necessary to ensure maximizing of photo opportunities.
* Work with onboard departments to ensure complete photo and promotional coverage (Shorex, MTN, Spa, Shopping Rep, Art and Bingo)
Duties & Requirements
As a Photographer employed by the cruise line, you will be responsible for creating, presenting and selling photo memories to our guests. The majority of the product we create and sell onboard are souvenir, casual and formal portraits. We also have specialized positions in our private portrait studios that cater to weddings and lifestyle portraiture. In addition to creating high-quality images, the ideal candidate will also be comfortable in the capacity of a salesperson.
Our ships are hotel environments and require a neat appearance, good hygiene, friendly attitude and above all, outstanding service. All crewmembers onboard our vessels are also subject to additional safety duties, drills, and training. Our Photographers work seven days a week, up to 70 hours a week. Shifts may last throughout the day, or may be split into morning and evening shifts. You will earn a base wage, with opportunity for bonus wages for achieving sales targets.
Contract periods are for six months, followed by a one-month vacation. Travel to and from your home country is provided by the cruise line provided you successfully complete your contract. We require that you own or purchase a professional level DSLR and flash.
* 2 year college degree in any discipline.
* Must have excellent English, written and spoken skills with ability to learn all areas of the photo business.
* Where no formal qualification exists, relative experience will be taken into consideration.
* Must be sharp, personable, responsive, witty, humorous, and socially capable, interested in performing as a photographer, and creatively minded.
* Passion for imaging and a team player with forward driven results in mind.
* Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven.
* Must be customer-focused and be comfortable in dealing with the general public on a daily basis.
* Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene.
* Respect for all co-workers and guests.
* Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun.
* Able to work 7 days a week.
* Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous.
* Able to develop a camaraderie with team members.
* Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates.
You will be part of a team of about nine staff, working and living together in close quarters. Meals and accommodations are provided by the cruise line. Cabin accommodations are shared by two individuals, and include twin beds/linens, bathroom, closets, desk, and TV/DVD player. Crew facilities include: 24-hour gym, bar, game/recreation room, internet room, laundry and mess hall with prepared meals served four times daily.
As a Photographer, you are also entitled to limited access to guest facilities on the ship, including: lounges, bars, restaurants, gym, spa, open deck and show venues. Staff privileges vary from ship to ship. Our ships sail on itineraries throughout North America, the Caribbean and Europe. You are welcome to explore the ports of call during your time off, provided your work schedule allows it.
Candidates must pass a medical exam and drug screen, possess a valid passport, and demonstrate excellent written and spoken English.